Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Wednesday, June 17th: "Halfway Up The Mountain"


Dear Faith Partners,

Hello my name is Lilu Stoker, otherwise known as Olivia, but Lilu is my real name and always has been ;-) I'm the girl with short hair that has had many different hair colors throughout the years. And yes, the nose piercing is real :-) My experience at Mountain Top has been phenomenal and I have never gotten so close to a group of people in my life. This mission trip has given me a chance to get to know more about myself and the work that God has sent us into the world to do. Something that really touched me today was the sermon done by one of the counselors, Leah. And it made me realize that love is the answer to everything. Even if love is overwhelming (aka the theme of this week), and that we would be nowhere without love. Love is what makes us human. And that's why God gave us the task to spread love. The task to spread the word of God's love and the power of it. Because we as human beings need love...God's love is there for those who need love. Which is all of us. All of Her children. That's why we need Her love. Because without Her love...we are lost... And that's why I'm at Mountain Top! To spread God's love! Thank you for supporting us on our journey to spread God's love even though you aren't down here with a hammer to help us. Your support helps us be the hands in delivering God's love. Thank you!

(writing this blog post)



For Thursday:  Lord Christ, when you came among us, you proclaimed the kingdom of God in villages, towns, and lonely places:  Grant that your presence and power may be known throughout this land.  Have mercy upon all of us who live and work in rural areas; and grant that all the people of our nation may give thanks to you for food and drink and all other bodily necessities of life, respect those who labor to produce them, and honor the land and the water from which these good things come.  All this we ask in your holy Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment