Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tuesday, June 16th:

 

 Dear Faith Partners,

Hi my name is Ellie Shanklin, and I have been a part of the Christ Church Cathedral youth group for a little less than 6 months. Today at Mountain T.O.P. my YRG group and I went to a man's house to take down and re-build a wheelchair ramp. The process was very challenging and overwhelming, especially considering the scorching temperature. I think one of the most difficult parts of building the wheelchair ramp was having to dig the holes to put the poles in. We kept on having to re-dig the holes because the measurements were wrong. At one point during the day I was getting frustrated because it felt like we were making no progress, but as soon as we started to finish for the day and pack up our tools, I took a look at the work we did and realized that we really did a great job and got a lot finished. I could also tell that the man we built the wheelchair ramp for was very thankful. So far, my favorite part of this Mountain T.O.P. experience is seeing how thankful the people are after they see what work we did. I'm so glad I have the opportunity to do this and I want to thank the Faith Partners for making this possible!


Dear Faith Partners,

Hi. My name is Ben Jose, and I have attended and been actively involved in Christ Church Cathedral for my entire life. I have been going to Mountain TOP for 4 years now, and the experience never ceases to amaze me. Something about being here makes me think about the world in a completely different way. Having the opportunity to do great work with people that believe the same things that I do is one of the greatest ways to discover yourself and what you truly believe. Thank you to the Faith Partners, not just that I can have this experience, but that everyone with us can also have this experience.



For Wednesday:  O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us through Jesus your Son:  Look with compassion on the whole human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us; unites us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in your good time, all nations and races may serve you in harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment