Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Saturday, June 20th: Upon Return from Mountain TOP

Dear Faith Partners,



My name is Santino Jordan. I've been going to Christ Church Cathedral for almost 14 years now and I'm the person who likes to wear a pikachu hat and is usually seen with headphones. My favorite parts about going on the Mountain T.O.P. mission trip have involved helping the community. It was fun to go out to the county to help people in need. It was also fun exploring new cultures. I got to see the little details of local Tennessee. I also liked being able to hang out with friends throughout the week. I saw God in the community that Mountain T.O.P. was building. This year was Mountain T.O.P.'s 40-year anniversary and it was beautiful to see all the lives they had helped and changed. Thank you for being a faith partner and I hope you live happy days for an eternity.



To the Faith partners,



My name is Michael Pearce. I have been at Christ Church Cathedral for about a year. At the church I am known as they guy in the Steelers football gear because I am a huge Steelers fan. My favorite part of the Mountain T.O.P. trip was working within my YRG, which is the group that you work with to build/fix things for people. I have learned how to work the tools in the project and I know that I would not have known what I was doing without their past experiences in either building or fixing things or from the other activities on the Mountain T.O.P. trip. I saw God in this one project we did. We built this wheelchair ramp for this old man. As we were working on this person's ramp, the rest of the neighborhood were kind enough to give us some of their resources like a nail gun and a drill. It amazed me how this community was able to come together to help get this man a wheelchair ramp. We were able to get this project done in three days as a result of everyone's help and experience. I would love to thank the faith partners and I hope that you have a wonderful day.

(Please stay tuned for more photos from the week!  As soon as they are collected from the many people who took photos, we'll post some of the favorites.)



No comments:

Post a Comment