Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday, June 19th: Last Day on the Mountain (departing tomorrow morning)



Dear Faith Partners,

Hi my name is Gracie Shanklin and I started at Christ Church Cathedral in January. This week has been an amazing, powerful week full of lessons from God and great experiences. My YRG was really fun and we tore down a wheel chair ramp, painted a porch and moved plants, did yard work and rebuilt a fence. Along with that came talking and hearing people's stories. I recently haven't been feeling that connected to God and I have been feeling sidetracked at times. But this week I really felt God's love and He blessed me with some prayers I had and put some awesome people in my life. I really hope to come back next year and many more years and to keep spreading God's love. Mountain T.O.P has really helped and inspired me to be a better follower of God!


Hello y'all my name is Christina Mickey and I have been a part of Christ Church Cathedral for a year and a half. This whole week has changed me forever. The way the families were and everyone at the camp and everything that we have done for all of the families. What I have done in these few days is: cool-seal a roof, build a back porch for two days, yard work for a woman that could barely get around her house, and repair a fence. Throughout these days the stories that every family has told me compare nothing to what my everyday life consists of. These families have gone through so much together or alone. Seeing the faces of all of these people, they were faces that felt amazing after we did our projects. The way God has been with me this week has been great. We have been with these families and God sent us out here with so much this week and Mountain T.O.P. was the reason this happened. Thank you again for supporting me!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For Saturday:  O God, our heavenly Father, whose glory fills the whole creation, and whose presence we find wherever we go:  Preserve those who travel; surround them with your loving care; protect them from every danger; and bring them in safety to their journey’s end; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment