Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday, June 17th: First Day of Two-Day Projects

Dear Faith Partners,

Today the team and I went out and built a shed. I enjoy my YRG group very much, we work well together and get things accomplished. We got the framing all done, and then our group leader told us it was not level, so we had to take it all apart! But we didn't get discouraged. We got right back up on our feet and re-did it. The lady who we worked for had an 18-year-old son that recently passed. God showed up in many places today. I felt like God was leading me to comfort the distress of the people who were close to the son. Just talking to them seemed to brighten their day, and I loved making them smile. My favorite thing thus far is the meeting people part. I met new friends, and some old friends whom I grow closer with. Also I would like to thank the church community for all of the support and help I have been given. I am looking forward to a great rest of the week!

-Jaida

For Wednesday June 18th:  O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us through Jesus your Son:  Look with compassion on the whole human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us; unites us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in your good time, all nations and races may serve you in harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

 (Prime example of a "county dog," typically an over-protective chihuahua)

 (We take our work very seriously!)

 ("Posting" our posts on our blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment