Saturday, June 21, 2014

Saturday, June 21st: Returnnig from the Mountain

Hey Faith Partners this is Griffin Carlson. My favorite thing this week was getting meet new people, and getting to spend more time with the ones I did know. I had some very bonding experiences. Today was our last day which made it a bit sad. We all said our goodbyes to our YRGs, and friends. I can say that as much as I liked Mountain T.O.P. I will be happy to sleep in my bed, see my parents, and play with my dogs. I saw God in the people we were serving. I did not agree with most of their takes on Christianity, but still seemed to learn something from each of them. Thank you faith partners!

-Griffin Carlson


Dear Faith Partners,

Hey y’all!!! That’s how you say hello in the South. Well this week has been so much fun! Last year was not as much fun as this year. Last year I did not know what was going on and was having a problem making friends. So coming into this I was nervous that the same thing would happen again. But for some reason I wanted to go back... I am so happy I did! I loved my YRG we became a little family. In my YRG we had Ryan, Austin, Kendall, Grace were all from Germantown in Memphis. There was Paula from Georgia (GO DOGS!!!) and Chris he was from Alabama. Then Whitney and me. My YRG was like peas and carrots or a well-oiled machine. We finished every project on time and still met all the needs. For those who don't know the needs are emotional, spiritual, physical, and social. We still had time for everything!! we were the amazing dream team! We laughed all the time between Ryan falling asleep everywhere he sat. then when Austin fell out of a tree and the girls goofing off all the time. (that was me too), our group was so amazing. We had water gun fights for like an hour and attacked other YRGs at the Overlook. So know that's how awesome our groups was ;-) Well I can happily report that my 9 square game has gotten better. The best part of this year was everything but the fatty pattys EWWW. Ok sorry mom and dad but I did not want to come I loved this year and I miss all my new friends already and we left Mountain TOP about 4 hours ago! So as you can guess we are driving I have spent my time sleeping for about two hours listening to my music and talking and singing with my friends. I found God through my friends, the people I helped, the staff, the happiness, kindness, the nature, and the amazing fact that God put all of these amazing people all together at this one time. It amazes me! And now I have great memories and it just makes me smile :-) I hope I get to see them all again but we know that this experience will never be the same again. The people I have to thank are everyone who made this trip possible but mostly the faith partners!! Thank you!!!

-Mary Claire Fibbe


(Thank you for your prayers!  A compilation of photos from the week will be posted in the next couple days.  Thanks again to all of you for supporting our 2014 Mountain TOP team!)

No comments:

Post a Comment