Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thursday, June 19th: Full-Day Projects

Dear Faith Partners,

Today is June 19 and on this day my YRG group and I participated in the task of doing yard work for an elderly couple. It began with the cutting down of sapling trees, then trimming grass. It seemed like a small task at first but turned into a vigorous project. First the trees that needed to be eliminated were in high abundance and were difficult to cut through. After getting through most of the trees we noticed there wasn’t a real place to put all the severed branches and tree parts. Later a man in the house decided to lend us his trailer and made several trips to a place where they intended to burn the wood. Afterward we went to trimming grass outside of a fence. After many attempts at getting a weed whacker to work, we eventually got it to cooperate. I handled the whacker conversation with the home owner, it was much enjoyable to have the power to cut through hundreds of grass shards within seconds. After the trimming we had a nice conversation with the home owner who took care of 20 dogs, chickens and a horse. I see God in the Mountain T.O.P. staff when they pray because they always seem so uplifted and filled with a good feeling when praising God. I want to thank all of my faith partners for giving me and others the opportunity to participate in the Mountain T.O.P. Community.

-Santino Jordan


Dear Faith Partners,

Today my YRG went put to do yard work for an older man in the county. Even though the work
load that the man gave us was small and it only took us about an hour to finish the job, the real impact from the visit was listening to all the stories and life lessons that the man had to share. My favorite thing this week at Mountain TOP was going out and working for all the families and seeing how much they really appreciated the help that we gave them. I definitely saw God this week when I was out working with my YRG and when I was in camp. I really saw God on the first day when we repainted an older lady's wheelchair ramp. The best part was when she told stories about how she had scoliosis and had a miracle back surgery when she was twelve years old. She had so much faith in God and even through all of the continuous hardships she went through, she still could have a smile on her face.
I'd like to thank the faith partners for giving me and and everyone who came to Mountain TOP the opportunity to come and enjoy the community and opportunities that it offers.

-Maya Warren

For Friday June 20th:  Almighty God, who has promised to hear the petitions of those who ask in your Son’s Name:  We beseech you mercifully to incline your ear to us who have now made our prayers and supplications unto you; and grant that those things which we have faithfully asked according to your will, may effectually be obtained, to the relief of our necessity, and to the setting forth of your glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

(Yay for Yardwork!)

(Rekindling Friendships)

(Getting a little practice in before tomorrow's campfire/talent show)

1 comment:

  1. Your stories are amazing. I had no access to social media this week til now. Blessings. You are super. See you soon. Chris

    ReplyDelete