Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tuesday, June 11th: First Day of our Two-Day Projects

Today my YRG (Youth Renewal Group) and I built a porch and started to build a ramp. I had the most fun hammering boards onto the joists to finish the porch because I knew I would feel satisfied when we were done. I saw God when Cordell (the man we were serving) came out with all the tools we could ever possibly need. It was like God was supplying us with tools right when we needed them. Finally I would like to thank the faith partners for making it possible for us to come down here and help these people.
-Cameron O'Connell

Today my YRG and I started to build a 7x7 porch and we got pretty far I have to say. We got the cement into to all the holes and everything so “go Soapy Grits!!!” That's our YRG name. We had to have a side dish and cleaning supply in our name so we came up with Soapy Grits. It was that or “Bacon Bleach,” we came up with some good stuff. I really love my YRG, I have Slocomb, Jordan, Tendo, a wonderful girl named Jessica, and an awesome guy named Tate, and Telesa, a woman that came from another church with us (St Christopher;s, Fairborn). We are a really good group together. We had a lot of fun today, the lady we were building the porch for made us some chili and hot dogs and so guess what? We made coneys!!!!! We had a little bit of Cincinnati in Tennesse. That's how I saw God today, this wonderful lady gave us food so we didn't even eat what Mt. T.O.P. gave us!!! We had a lot of fun putting in the nails, cutting the lumber and I loved mixing the cement!!! And I loved just doing God's work and helping people who need it. And I want to thank everyone for everything that they gave us and helping us get here to do the Lord's work. Love you all and can't wait to see you back in Cincinnati!!!
-Olivia Stoker

For Wednesday June 12th:  O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us through Jesus your Son:  Look with compassion on the whole human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us; unites us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in your good time, all nations and races may serve you in harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

(Building a Porch)

(The Joy of Drilling)


2 comments:

  1. I am inspired by your ministry and the mini and mighty ways our Lord is being discovered in your lives. You are a tremendous blessing! BR3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we have a bunch of young talented people who are learning some good skills. Marie Clair looks particularly intense with a drill in her hand. Thank you so much for the good work you are doing.
    Christopher Williams

    ReplyDelete