Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday, June 8th from Arnold Air Force Base

Damia Wintrow

So today, we have arrived at the Air Force hotel. We got to go swimming, and push some people off the dock. Of course the boys were joking around and throwing sand at everyone that was swimming. On the way, we got to watch movies in our van, Hunger Games was pretty good, but I'd already watched it before, so I mostly slept through it. I met some of the nicest and craziest people I've ever seen in here, and they are amazing. It's all been so much fun, learning new hand games, and teaching other ones to people. The food was coming pretty late at dinner, so I got to know everyone really well. I have to say, one of my families biggest worries for me was that I wouldn't be able to make a lot friends, but I've made tons, and that is one of the things that I am most thankful for here. I'm a little on the antisocial side, I'll admit, and it's pretty nice to meet people as crazy as me. I would like to thank everyone who helped me come here, as well as God. From what I've seen so far, this will be an amazing trip, that will help me learn, not only about other people, but about myself. Thanks to everyone, and may the Lord be with you always.


From Ellie Jose:
Dear Faith Partners and to whomever this may concern,
Today was pretty awesome! It included all sorts of things, like driving (a lot), swimming in a lake, and getting ready for our stay at the Air Force Base. In my van was Mary Claire, Mayah, Maya, and me! Our driver was Amanda, who just happened to save our lives from an almost deadly car crash. But, after the long drive, we finally arrived at the air force base, where we hung out in a field and kicked around a volleyball. After we lugged all of our bags up to our room, we met back down and went to go swimming in the lake! Detail from Ellie's life that probably doesn't matter: in the field, I happened to notice a certain bump on my elbow that stung and hurt, naturally I thought that I had been stung by a bee, but after a few of the adults' opinions, I came to consensus with Amanda that I had developed an elbow zit...? Anyway, back to the day. The lake was pretty cool, seeing that I have never been swimming in a lake before. I swam out to the mini dock and was cajoled by MC to cartwheel off of it... turned out better than I thought. And after a shower, we finally went down to the restaurant to eat food. The service was terrible! Like, Maya and I had to wait an hour for our food, while the waitress had completely forgotten about our order! Some meetings happened, and now I am here.
This was an awesome start to the week. Even spending 5 hours in a car can be fun when you are with your friends. A real place where I saw God today was at the lake. Everyone was so involved, and seeming to have a good time. Everyone was very encouraging to people who were a little hesitant to get in, which told me that friendships were building, along with trust in each other.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING US! Your support is really paying off, and making our trip fun! 
-ellie



For Sunday June 9th:  O God, whose fatherly care reaches to the uttermost parts of the earth:  We humbly beseech you graciously to behold and bless those whom we love, now absent from us.  Defend them from all dangers of soul and body; and grant that both they and we, drawing near to you, may be bound together by your love in the communion of your Holy Spirit, and in the fellowship of your saints; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.


(pre-departure group photo at the Cathedral)

(enjoying ourselves in the lake at Arnold AFB)

1 comment:

  1. I love the photos from Saturday! Swimming off a dock is so much fun. Glad you had time to unwind after the van trip AND get to know some new folks. Cannot wait to hear about your adventures. Prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete