Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday, June 10th: First Day of Service in the County

Today was a very good day. Everyone worked hard together using teamwork. Our job today was to trim up some bushes, cut down a couple of small growing trees, weed-eat a couple of places that had weeds and clean some windows. I really enjoyed helping out and building relationships with my group.
One of my favorite parts of the day was listening to Lucy Slatton's stories about trips she has taken and experiences that she has had. Where I found God today was when I heard how much Lucy appreciated the work we were doing. It made me feel like I was doing the best thing in the world. Also, I have made more friends today and gotten to know people a lot better and that is just awesome. I just want to thank you for giving us the chance to come out to mountain top and help the community better their community.
-Jordan Harbour


Dear Faith Partners, Today I came closer to God. Now I know what you are thinking, this is just a generic way to start this blog entry since I'm staying at a “Bible Camp” but really I did. Onto my story. I met a woman today suffering from a disease giving her constant pain without relief. Constant stomach problems to the extent that she has asked God to take her away then and there. She has too much acid in her body, causing food to go right through her never stopping. She has never given up; in her own words, “Once you give up, you die.” I agree with her. Some of you might know that last year I was hospitalized due to depression, suicidal thoughts and attempted suicide because of bullying. Today in worship they did a sermon on perseverance. This reminded me of my time in the hospital and how it brought me closer to God. I spent an hour praying today and crying and asking for forgiveness. I guess something in me snapped and came out. I am grateful for you reading this.
I love you all in Christ.
-Warren Stoker

For Tuesday June 11th:  O heavenly Father, who has filled the world with beauty:  Open our eyes to behold your gracious hand in all your works; that, rejoicing in your whole creation, we may learn to serve you with gladness; for the sake of him through whom all things were made, your Son Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

"The Soapy Gritz" with Lucy Stallon, after weeding her property and cleaning her windows.

"The Soapy Gritz" relaxing at the Lookout at the end of the workday

2 comments: