Thursday, August 13, 2015

Thursday, August 13th

Dear Faith Partners,

My name is Maya Warren and this is my first year going to Honduras. I am very blessed to have the chance to experience this trip. Today I spent most of the day painting window bars white and painting a room blue, however the service work paled in comparison to playing with the children before school, at recess, and after school. Spending time with the children has been the most impactful part of the mission trip, they all are so accepting and willing to try to communicate with us, even though I know very little Spanish.

This week has been one of the most impactful weeks of my life. Seeing how happy and accepting all of the kids are puts so much perspective on the blessings I have in my life and how I should be grateful for the everything that I have. It is eye-opening how willing the children are to play with you and treat you as if you had known them forever. I will be forever changed and grateful for my experiences.

Maya Warren








No comments:

Post a Comment