Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sunday, July 27th: Our First Full Day at El Hogar

Dear Faith Partners,

Today we went to church, then took the honor roll kids out to eat at Pizza Hut. After that we went back to volunteer house to take naps or to chill out. Then we went back outside to chill with the kids. I was taking pictures and all the kids kept yelling “photo, photo” wanting their group and individual pictures taken. After that we topped the night off with a game of soccer, boys vs girls, or should I say fifteen girls vs me and Slocomb.
My favorite thing so far is seeing the children I remember from two years ago and how they have matured and grown.
I saw god in Axel, one of the youngest kids, remembering me and running up to me saying “Enrique! Enrique!”. And Jaison calling me “brother” when he saw me.

-Aron Enrique Simms

For Monday, July 28th:  Grant, O God, that your holy and life-giving Spirit may so move every human heart, that barriers which divide us may crumble, suspicions disappear, and hatreds cease; that our divisions being healed, we may live in justice and peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

 (With the Honor Roll kids at church)

 (All Smiles waiting for our pizza)

(Mesmerized)

(What can it do?)

(Wow!)

 (Smartphones are for Sharing)

 (New Soccer Balls = New Friends)

(Jumping Rope)

(For the record:  we tied 15-15 and both teams cheated equally.)

1 comment:

  1. Have a great week, everyone! Prayers come your way for a spirit-filled adventure!

    ReplyDelete